- To help prepare students for a successful start to the school year, students and families are asked to ensure students have the tools and connectivity that will be needed. If you currently have an APS issued MacBook Air (MBA) at home, please help our Educational Technology team prepare devices to receive county updates by doing the following once per week until school starts:
- Plug the laptop into an outlet.
- Turn the laptop on (or restart it) and let it boot up.
- Login to ensure it connects to the internet at that location.
- Launch Google Chrome and visit the YHS website to ensure the internet is connected on the computer.
- Leave the laptop on and connected to the internet for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, the laptop may be shut down.
As the school year proceeds, student issued MBAs will receive updates that will include regular security and usability updates that will benefit daily instructional use.
- To avoid damage or harm to your APS Issued MBA please also:
- Keep the cord out of open traffic areas.
- Avoid liquids and food near/while using your MBA.
- Always place your MBA fully supported on a hard flat surface.
- Fabric or cushioned surfaces may result in overheating/possible fires
- If your MBA is fully supported there is less of a chance that it could be knocked into.
Student Technical Support
All student technical support requests should be submitted to the APS Help Desk via the Yorktown Instructional Technology Coordinators (ITCs). This includes all hardware, software, and networking issues, and for all student issued devices and account issues including user names and passwords, Canvas, Google Apps for Education, and StudentVue. To contact the ITCs, please visit the Yorktown EdTech Office in room 287 during Instructional Technology Office Hours