Thursday, January 17, 2019
- It’s winter spirit week. Be sure to dress for the days. As with any spirit week, participation must be school appropriate.Tomorrow is Patriot Friday- wear your favorite Patriot Gear.
- Latinas Leading Tomorrow is meeting today after school in the Leadership Center. New members are always welcome!
- The deadline for Lit Mag’s Fiction Submissions is this Friday, January 18th. Information was sent out about this via English classes. Some teachers are offering extra credit for story submissions, so please make sure you submit before Friday to firstname.lastname@example.orgQuestions? See your English teacher or Ms. McCabe in Room 251.
- There is still time to audition for the Valentine’s Day Variety Show! Due to the snow days, a new sign-up sheet has been posted outside the Cafeteria with slots through next Wednesday, January 23. Please sign up for a new time if your audition was snowed out. Practice your act, and share your talent. See Ms. Dillon in 243 if you have questions.
- Want a Yorktown Best Buddies Sweatshirt? They are finally here! In order to get one please fill out the form at tinyurl.com/YHSBBSweatshirts and have your payment ready for Nina Rutzen by January 22!
- Attention all Patriots! Come out and play music for your friends! There will be an open mic tomorrow, Friday January 18 after school, from 3:15-4:15 in the cafeteria. All variety of musicians are welcome! Basic instrumentation will be provided. For more information, see the sign up sheets outside the cafeteria and in the performing arts hallway. If you have any questions, contact Mr. Bersh in the band room. Hope to see you there!
- Yorktown Theatre IV Class presents a FREE performance of Perfect, a one-act play, this Friday, January 18th at 7:00pm in the auditorium. With warmth and humor, this play explores the forces that can erode self-confidence and the journey Bethany, the main character, takes towards self-acceptance.This performance will help the students get ready for the Virginia High School League (VHSL) One Act Play Competition on Saturday, January 19th at 11:00am. PLEASE NOTE: The play deals with issues of peer pressure, divorce, drugs, self harm and suicide, but has a positive ending in which Bethany as a teenager, with the help of her mother, discovers her value and self-worth.
- Tonight at Yorktown: come support the Wrestling team as they host Wakefield in their only home match of the year.