Monday, March 25, 2019
- Attention seniors: The winner of the prom ticket contest is Ella Allison! Her ticket design has dazzled the judges and will be the official design for prom.Thank you to everyone who sent in a submission!
- Seniors! Senior Experience Applications are due FRIDAY. Please turn all information in to Ms. Meadows or Mrs. Mahan in the Leadership Center. All information and paper work can be found in the Canvas course for seniors as well as the YHS website. Student Application, Parent Agreement, Mentor Application, and Mentor Business Reference must all be submitted. Please see or e-mail Ms. Meadows if you have any questions.
- Student Advisory Board speeches and applications are due to Ms. Meadows this Friday, March 29. Applications can be picked up from the Leadership Center.
- The registration period for Summer School is now open, speak to your counselor for more information.
- There will be an FCA meeting tomorrow morning at 7:30 in Mr McPhee’s room, number 353. There will be good!
- There will be a TSA meeting after school tomorrow. This is a very important meeting, and please bring your registration forms and dues to attend states.
- The For a Strawless Sea Club is holding a meeting tomorrow in room 344 (Ms. Bakaj’s room) at 3:10. EcoAction Arlington Director Elenor Hodges will be talking about community services projects and 2 events that we are doing with the Smithsonian Institution this spring. There will food, and new club members are welcome! Remember to skip the straw!
- Come see the Theatre Arts II Class perform the hilarious one-act play “In A Strange Land” on April 1, 2019, in the Yorktown Auditorium at 7:00pm. All Tom wanted to do was take a short-cut through the auditorium so he could sign out for a dentist appointment. Halfway across the bare stage, though, he finds himself smack-dab in the middle of a strange platoon fighting The Eighth Great War of the Singleterry Alliance. This absurd battlefield comedy keeps the characters and the audience alike wondering what, indeed, is reality. Tickets are FREE!
- Tonight at Yorktown, Boys Lacrosse takes on Dominion.