Below are today’s Daily Announcements; to see today’s Dailies, as well as past episodes, check our Vimeo page here: See The Dailies!!!
To Submit an announcement for the Dailies, email Mr. Sheppard at Adam.Sheppard@apsva.us.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Do you have a teacher whom you admire and respect? The one who makes class exciting and learning fun? The PTA is now accepting applications for the Yorktown Teacher of the Year. Please nominate your favorite teacher – Send nominations to email@example.com. Please include a letter describing why this teacher should get the nomination. Nominations are due on November 26, 2019.
- The Fall Food Drive is this week. Be sure to drop off non-perishable food items, canned and boxed goods to the Leadership Center during your 3rd period class. The class that donates the most canned goods that are not expired will get a donut breakfast.
- Attention all Seniors: The deadline to pick which senior portrait will be used in the yearbook is November 27 – this can be done via the Jostens website. The deadline to submit your baby photos and senior quotes is TOMORROW! You may either send your quotes and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or turn a paper copy to Ms. Solomon in Room 245.
- A mock ACT will be hosted in the YHS cafeteria, Saturday, November 23, at 8:30 am. The cost is $25. Exact change is preferred.
- Do you want to attend the Community Read author presentation on December 4th during 7thperiod block? Award-winning author Elizabeth Acevedo will speak in Yorktown auditorium on Wednesday December 4 at 1:30. See your English teacher or a librarian for more information and to pick up an in-school field trip form.
- YHS Minds Matter, a club that promotes teens’ mental heatlh meets this Thursday, November 21 at 3:15 pm in Ms. TW’s room 277. Everyone is welcome!
- There will be a FCCLA meeting in Room 119 after school today. We’ll be making Bundt cakes. See Mrs. Molle if you are planning to attend.
- The Cheer Team is having a pizza fundraiser at Pie-tanza this Wednesday, November 20th, between 11:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Just mention YHS Cheer when you order out or dine-in and you can support the team that supports the teams!