Friday, May 26, 2017
- Tuesday through Thursday next week is SOL testing – on these days there will be testing from 8:19 – 11:19. During this time, if you do not have an SOL test, you should take advantage of remediation and strengthening sessions. If you are not in remediation session, you must be in the cafeteria or auditorium. Due to testing, the atrium is closed. Please bring study materials or a book to read. You will not be allowed to go to your lockers before 11:19.
- Starting next week, from May 29 through Monday June 5, there will be free breakfast available in the cafeteria from 7:45-8:10 each day courtesy of Arlington Public Schools.
- There will be a brief class meeting for all seniors today at the start of 7thperiod in the cafeteria.
- Are you interested in being a mentor to incoming freshmen or transfer students? Applications are available in the English Office (room 246) and through freshmen English teachers. Applications are due by Friday June 2nd.
- There will be a field hockey interest meeting on Tuesday, May 30 at 3:15 pm in Patriot Hall. Come find out about green days as well as summer opportunities. All are welcome.
- Football Players – All players need a current physical on file in order to participate during Green Days. Green Days begin May 30 and run through June 9.
- Seniors, prom tickets will be sold through June 1 in the Leadership Center during all three lunch periods. The cost is $45 for one ticket and $80 for two; cash only please. Also, be sure to complete a Guest Pass if appropriate.
- Don’t miss the best graduation party in Arlington. Buy your boat party ticket at the Senior picnic $50 – cash check or credit. You can also order your tickets anytime on-line at: http://yhspta.org/seniorboatparty.
- Current sophomores and juniors –do you want to be the “Voice of Yorktown” and read the pledge to open up the school day each morning next year? All interested, email or see Mr. Sheppard today or tomorrow for more information.