The Yorktown AP Scholars Program is designed for Yorktown students, who are intrinsically and academically motivated. The program is designed to develop students’ unique interests, talents and to facilitate their success through informed selections of Advanced Placement courses, meetings with a faculty mentor and peers, and completion of a project in an area of the scholar’s interest.
Freshmen and Sophomore students new to Yorktown interested in joining Yorktown AP Scholars: Please fill out the application from the registrar and submit the application one week after you have registered at Yorktown.
2018-2019 AP Scholars Meeting Dates
- Seniors (Class of 2019) Orientation September 27, 2018 during Patriot Period
- Juniors (Class of 2020) Orientation September 27, 2018 during Patriot Period
- Sophomores (Class of 2021) Orientation September 27, 2018 during Patriot Period
- Freshman (Class of 2022) Orientation September 13, 2018 during Patriot Period
Quarterly Meetings with Mentors, Thursdays during Patriot Period
1st quarter October 4, 2018
2nd quarter December 20, 2018
3rd quarter March 7, 2019
4th quarter May 2, 2019
After School Sessions (3:15-4:15):
1st Semester: Tuesday January 22
2nd Semester: Thursday April 11
2019-2020 AP Scholars FRESHMAN Applications
Prerequisite to Apply: Final grades of B or higher in all 7th & 8th grade classes. Student transcripts will be submitted to Yorktown HS by APS middle schools. For the purposes of the application, grade eight 1st semester grades will be considered in addition to grade seven final grades.
Freshmen Applications are to be submitted by March 1, 2019*
- For 2019-2020 transfer students: use the above link to print an application form and return to Yorktown Counseling Office within 2 weeks of student registration.
2019-2020 AP Scholars SOPHOMORE Applications
Applicants are required to have completed at least 2 Advanced or Intensified classes in 9th grade and have final freshmen grades of B’s or better in all classes.
Sophomore Applications are to be submitted by July 1, 2018
Activities listed for ES, MS, & HS students