- YHS academic planning form– This document can be used in yearly planning with your student. Counselor may use this, the graduation checklist \ or the Naviance Planner in their conversations
- Graduation Checklist- use this form to confirm you have credits you need to graduate, or you’re at least well on your way!
- Junior Year Suggested Planning Checklist– Month by month checklist to prepare for the college admissions process
The Insight * forms will be used as a tool see what is not evident to the average person, it stresses accuracy and goes beyond what is obvious or superficial.
- Parent Insight *(Fillable) or PDF Parents are strongly encouraged to fill out and return this form to their student’s counselor via email. Doing so assists the counselor in writing a stronger recommendation letter with a more personalized tone. You will need to email this form to your student’s counselor before recommendations are requested.
- Student Insight *(Fillable) or PDF – Yorktown students are required to fill out and turn in this form to their counselor, via email, to receive a recommendation letter. Information will assist in updating your extracurricular activities, interests, and career goals to complete your college application. You need to email this form to your counselor when you request a recommendation letter.
- Classroom Insight *(Fillable) or PDFUse this form after speaking directly to the teacher who has agreed to write your recommendation. Fill it out and send it to the teacher completing the recommendation. Then, add teacher requests into your Naviance Account.
- Class of 2024 Seniors: Request recommendations and transcripts with this form
- Transcript Requests for FORMER students; obtain their transcript through Parchment for a small fee.
- Activities Sheet– YHS students can use this sample to create their own.
- Elimination of Middle School Grades Form: this form is due by June 15 of Junior year.
- Standardized Test Score Removal Form
- School Profile 2022-23
- SO YOU’RE 18 published by the Virginia State Bar, this guide provides some rights and responsibilities at the age of 18