HOW TO back up your APS MacBook Files
|1.)||Open a web browser of your choice and navigate to APS Google Drive account via MyAccess@APS.|
|2.)||Make sure you are Signed Out of any personal/non-APS Google Accounts.|
|3.)||From the APS Google Drive click on +New on the top left corner and select Folder.|
|4.)||Name the folder “Backup” or something to that effect (ie: “Backup 12-3-21”.) Keep this window open.|
|5.)||On your MacBook, open Finder and select Documents, Desktop, Downloads, or anywhere else you store files from the sidebar.|
|6.)||Set up the Finder window side by side next to your web browser window (from Step 1).|
A few things to keep in mind:
- Larger files (movies, photos, program install files, etc) can make this process much slower and could cause an error on the APS network. Sometimes it is best to back up those larger files at home or on an external drive.
- HOW TO Support from Google
HOW TO save your Browser Bookmarks
- Chrome: HOW TO Get your bookmarks, passwords & more on all your devices
- If you are looking to back up your Google Drive account because you are leaving APS you may follow these instructions that will show you how to use Google Takeout.
- Firefox: HOW TO Set up Sync on my computer
- Safari: HOW TO Import bookmarks, history, and passwords from other browsers in Safari on Mac