Yorktown High School Laptop Collection Information Spring 2021
Arlington Public Schools has provided you with technological resources to support your learning inside and outside the classroom while enrolled in the district. As we approach graduation day, you are required to turn in any technological device (MacBook Air and charger, wireless hotspot, etc.) that was loaned to you while enrolled in Arlington Public Schools. Please read the information below carefully.
Preparing Your MacBook for Turn-In
Save all of your files and work to an external device, such as a flash drive. Save everything that is saved directly on your computer, everything in your Google Drive, everything saved in OneDrive (Office 365), and on any Arlington Public Schools network drive. Once you have saved your work, sign out of iCloud if you are signed in. You may find the two links helpful as you save your files.
- Google Takeout: https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout
- Backup your Mac: https://support.apple.com/mac-backup
A few other items to keep in mind:
- Remove any exterior cases or stickers that have been added to the device.
- Clean the entire laptop. A wrung-out disinfectant wipe works well.
Laptop Turn-In Date
All seniors and withdrawing underclassmen are required to turn in their laptop and all loaned technological resources (charger, hotspots, etc.) on June 16-17, 2021.
As a part of our end-of-year closeout, we will have an opportunity for our graduating seniors to turn in their APS issued MacBook Air and all remaining school-issued items (uniforms, books, musical instruments) in the Cafeteria on Wednesday 6/16 from 9am-1pm and Thursday 6/17 from 9am-1pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Should I return my computer if I’ll be attending summer school?
- A: A final decision has not been made at this time, but do back up all important files and save everything in your APS Google Drive that you wish to keep in the event that you are required to turn it in.
- Q: Can I turn in my MacBook early?
- A: Please turn in your laptop on the date shared above.
- Q: What if I can’t find my laptop or the charger? What are the fees associated with lost/damaged laptops and lost chargers?
Last updated: 6/17/2021