If you are a Yorktown student, click here to accept the Acceptable User Policy. All students must do this once.
Click here to download a one-sheet poster of the Acceptable Use Policy in use at Yorktown, Washington-Lee, and Wakefield High Schools.
- Students must be respectful in their use of technology at all times. Any use of technology that bullies, threatens, harasses, endangers, or attacks another person or persons may be disciplined under all applicable regulations and laws. For more information, see APS Policy Implementation Procedure 25-1.17 (Bullying and Harassment Prevention) and APS Policy Implementation Procedure 45-2 (Acceptable Use Policy). Report Bullying to an Administrator
- ( Item 2 has been deprecated. )
- Students may use devices for learning when permitted by the teacher.
- Students must silence, turn off, and/or put away devices when directed.
- Students have no expectation of privacy while using the network, or while in possession of a device on school property.
- Students may not disable or work around the content filter; or tamper with, copy, download, or attempt to install or execute files without authorization.
- A principal’s designee may take and search any device in student possession with reasonable suspicion a student has violated this policy. Devices that have been taken or confiscated may be held by an administrator.
- Students must cite sources used in the course of academic research and writing, and obtain permission for their use when appropriate.
- Students who mishandle, damage, or destroy APS property are subject to disciplinary action and referral to police, and may be responsible for paying for the property.