Stephanie Moreno, Administrative Assistant
Monday – Thursday: 7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Yorktown library is an integral component of the educational program of the school. It houses a wide variety of print, audio-visual, and digital resources as well as computers for class and individual use. The librarians provide a welcoming environment that is conducive to learning while fostering a love of reading and an appreciation of literature. They also collaborate with teachers to ensure that students’ research needs are met. The services of the library extend beyond the physical walls of the building as material is accessible by electronic means.
- Videos (teachers only)
- Online Subscription Databases (see our Online Databases page)
- Computers with Microsoft Office and internet access
- Interlibrary loans from any Arlington Public School
- Most materials are checked out for 3 weeks.
- Reference books are checked out overnight only.
- Back issues of magazines are checked out for 3 days.
- Videos are checked out for 1 week (teachers only)
- Students may not check out materials if they have overdue items.
- There are no fines for late items, but replacement costs will be charged for lost items.
Teachers may contact a librarian to schedule classes to use the library. The librarians would be happy to collaborate with teachers to provide book talks, instruction on the research process, including online databases, citing sources, etc., as well as other information literacy skills. Classes have priority use of all library resources, including computers. Students are welcome to use the library before and after school and during their lunch periods, on a space available basis.
Students must sign in at the circulation desk whenever they come to the library.
Passes are required when students are sent to the library from a class. Each student should have an individual pass and should leave the pass at the circulation desk when they sign in.
Behavior conducive to learning is expected. Respect the library and its users. No eating or drinking in the library.