Video / Video Streaming
Lesson Plans/Learning Resources
- Library of Congress Learning Page– lesson plans, activities and tips for using LOC’s American Memory collections in the classroom
- Thinkfinity (formerly MarcoPolo)– internet content for the classrooms, including lesson plans
- Gateway to 21st Century Skills– Thousands of lesson plans & other teaching resources
- Teachers – ED.gov – Teaching resources, lesson plans, best practices and more from US DOE
- FREE– Teaching and learning resources from Federal agencies
- Teachers’ Domain– Multimedia resources for the classroom and professional development
- The Educator’s Reference Desk– High-quality resources and services for the education community
- Library of Congress-Teaching with Primary Sources– See Learning Experiences created by your fellow teachers or create your own
- Smithsonian Education– Gateway to Smithsonian educational resources.
- Digital History Reader– An online learning experience designed to enable students to develop the analytical skills employed by historians.
- Digital Library for Earth System Education– A geoscience community resource that supports teaching and learning about the Earth system.
- Virginia’s Community of Learning – a curriculum, instructional, technology and professional development resource for Virginia and worldwide educators
- Atomic Learning (For Remote access – login to Blackboard) – Online software training and curriculum resources correlated to VA SOL and ISTE NETS-S standards
- ProProfs.com – Provides free tools and resources for knowledge exchange
- Academic Earth – Video lectures from top scholars
- Presidential Timeline of the 20th Century– Access to digitized assets from the collections of the twelve Presidential Libraries
- eLibrary – Teacher Edition– Create your own bookcarts of eLibrary resources or access ProQuest carts created to align with National standards (Handout on creating bookcarts)
- National History Education Clearinghouse – Created by GMU’s Center for History and New Media and the Stanford University History Education Group, this site provides content, best practices, teaching materials, research, and professional development in the area of history education.
- AdLit.org – A national multimedia project offering information and resources to the parents and educators of struggling adolescent readers and writers
- TeachingBooks.net – Resources about children’s and YA books and authors.
- ReadWriteThink – Provides access to high quality practices and resources in reading and language arts instruction
- AudioOwl – Download free audiobooks in the public domain on to an iPod or MP3 player
- LibriVox – Download free audiobooks in the public domain
- ProQuest Ebook Central – ProQuest Ebook Central helps to find scholarly ebooks from world-renowned publishers with mobile in mind as you may access the site from your tablet or phone and download ebooks for offline reading.