Attention Yorktown and APS Summer School HS Students!
The Department of Information Services needs to update all high school student laptops in the coming weeks, and you can beat the rush by getting this done over the summer! Re-imaging will take place at Yorktown on July 27-30 and slots are limited! More information is below:
- You must sign up in advance. NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Your device must be fully charged when you bring it to Yorktown.
- Your device must be in good working condition. Any device needing repair will not be accepted-you should submit a request for technical support and wait for further instructions.
- You must back up all of your files that you wish to keep in advance. Students will not be allowed to back up their laptops at Yorktown. (How Do I Back Up My Files?)
- If you are taking summer school classes and you do not have access to another device, you understand that you may be without a device for up to three days and will be responsible for keeping up with your classwork. If this will be a problem, you should wait for the Fall re-imaging process.
Sign up below (CHOOSE ONLY ONE DAY!):
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021 Re-Imaging (You must sign up by 11:00 AM on Monday, July 26, 2021)
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021 Re-Imaging (You must sign up by 11:00 AM on Tuesday, July 27, 2021)
- Thursday, July 29, 2021 Re-Imaging (You must sign up by 11:00 AM on Wednesday, July 28, 2021)
Please see below for Summer 2021 Reimaging FAQs:
- Q: My student is new to APS/a rising ninth-grader and does not have a device. What should we do?
- A: Welcome to Yorktown and APS! Information about the ninth grade and new student device distribution will be released at a later date.
- Q: I signed up to get my device re-imaged, for example, on Wednesday, but I received an email with instructions saying it should be turned in on Tuesday. I don’t understand.
- A: To ensure students get their devices back as soon as possible, the team completing the re-imaging process asks that you drop it off the day before and return to pick it up the next day—the initial day you chose. When you pick it up, you will complete any in-person steps that require your presence. More information will be shared when you drop off your laptop.
- Q: These dates don’t work for me. Can we make special arrangements to get this done when we return from vacation/after summer school/etc.?
- A: There will be another opportunity to get your laptop re-imaged during the fall. Once those dates are released, they will be shared.
- Q: My device was re-imaged recently. Does it need to be re-imaged?
- A: Check your operating system. If you’re running the Big Sur MacOS, you do not need to have your laptop re-imaged.
If your question is not answered above, please email Mr. Wightman at firstname.lastname@example.org.