Registration– Withdrawal– Address Changes

Are you new to Yorktown High School?

Welcome! Please take a moment to read through our New Students & Families Welcome Letter.

To begin the registration process please take a moment to get in touch with our Registrar, Ms. Carol Thompson:

Ms. Thompson is the Registrar at Yorktown High School. Her office is located in the Counseling department, Suite 108, on the first floor.
Her responsibilities include the registration of new students, the transfer of incoming students from other schools, the withdrawal of students from enrollment at Yorktown, and the management of enrollment information, including addresses on file, for current students.


A student can be enrolled at Yorktown by a parent or (court appointed) legal guardian who lives within the Yorktown attendance boundaries. Boundaries can be checked on the Arlington Public Schools Boundary Locator. To register, the parent needs to make an appointment with Ms. Thompson at (703) 228-5408 or Parents must bring in the following documents to enroll a student:

  1. Proof of residency (complete lease or deed of trust)
  2. Original birth certificate
  3. Immunization record
  4. Academic record (transcript and most recent report card)
  5. Photo legal ID for enrolling parent

Address Changes

Please send or scan a copy of your new lease or deed to Carol Thompson at in the counseling office.


Please contact Carol Thompson at 703-228-5408, or to request a withdrawal form.